Monday, September 22, 2008

Ang Huling El Bimbo

CAISAM YVEZ NOPUETO

The Isotopes

Feature Writing

August 8, 2008



Ang Huling El Bimbo:

Music Redefined

Music dancing all over my head. Notes grooving waltz of harmonious symphonies. And lyrics filling the gaps of my heart.



My words hardly produce any sense. My ideas are not fit for my paper. Neither can I describe how great is the music of the legendary Eraserheads.



Shouts of awe hatched from boos and disgusts in their early years. The band never thought nor mind the humiliation on their early years. Instead, they are motivated by persecutions and downfalls. But look at them now. Their fineness is printed in everyone's hearts. Their music branded on our souls.



Compositions that enticed the hearts of many. Ely Buendia's vocals mesmerizing the listeners. Marcus Adoro's strum and Buddy Zabala's bass plucks synthesizing rhythms that lift our spirits. Raimund Marasigan's beats that provoke our joints to dance with the band's symphonies.



Years passed and their band's pedestal peaked high enough. But time breached their valent bonds, thus separating the members. And though the musicians part ways, ech of them led their own bands. Marcus fronted Marcus Highway, Buddy played bass in The Dawn, Marasigan sand for Sandwhich, and Ely Buendia led Pupil.



Although the members separated, their fame is preserved as the album Ultra Electromagnetic Jam topped record bars. The said album is a revival of Eraserheads' hits rebirthed by renowned Filipino bands, such as South Border, 6CycleMind, Cueshe and many others. It just proves that Eheads os really in the hearts of Pinoys.



Sadly, Ely Buendia isn't immune against diseases. Lately, the frontman passed out in the middle of a reunion concert last August 30. The fans rushed their concerns adn thoughtfulness. This phenomenon is just saying that fans loved their idols so much.



Their fame is the prodct of their music. It overdrived us beyond clouds, adorned our faces with a smile, andtaught us how to love trully.



Maybe they are not bonded now. Maybe Ely cannot sing fully anymore. But one thing's for sure. This ain't their Last El Bimbo.



Words aren't enough to describe their glory. So just join me as I dance to the tune of the legendary Eraserheads.




So this is my entry for our cliniquing session in preparation for the upcoming Division Secondray School's Press Conference last August 8. Our topic is about reviving Eraserheads. Sir Berlin Flores is our keynote speaker for this category.


I'm just overwhelmed by his judgments about my article. He said that I have a great intro, my 4th paragraph is nicely done, he loved the eighth paragraph and i did a good development of the topic. To think that Feature Writing(and Editorial Writing) is my waterloo since elementary to third year. I, myself is surprised of my development as a feature writer.

No comments: